HEIDI91302 "SELLING CALABASAS:HEIDI ADAMS "SELLING CALABASAS:
- Calabasas is a city in Los Angeles County, California located in the hills west of the San Fernando Valley and in the northwest Santa Monica Mountains between Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills, West Hills, Hidden Hills, and Malibu, California.
- The Leonis Adobe, an adobe structure in Old Town Calabasas, dates from 1844 and is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the greater Los Angeles area.
- It is generally accepted that the name of Calabasas is derived from the Spanish calabaza meaning "pumpkin", "squash", or "gourd." At the top of the Calabasas grade, which is east of Las Virgenes Road on the original El Camino Real, legend has it in 1824 a Basque rancher from Oxnard spilled a wagon-load of pumpkins on the road en route to Los Angeles. The following spring, hundreds of pumpkin seeds sprouted alongside the road. The area was named Las Calabasas - the place where the pumpkins fell.
- In honor of its namesake, the City of Calabasas and the Calabasas Chamber of Commerce hold an annual Pumpkin Festival in October, including carnival games, exhibits, demonstrations, and live entertainment. The festival has evolved from a small-town fair to a significant annual event.
- The city's official logo, depicting a red-tailed hawk flying over the Santa Monica Mountains, symbolizes a commitment to preserving the community's natural beauty and semi-rural quality of life. This logo is featured on the Calabasas City flag which is flown in front of City Hall and hangs in the City Council Chambers.
- The city is located in the southwest portion of the San Fernando Valley and comprises a portion of the Santa Monica Mountains. It is 22 miles away from downtown Los Angeles. It is bordered by the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles to the northeast, Topanga to the east, Malibu to the south, Agoura Hills to the west, and Hidden Hills to the north. The historic El Camino Real runs east-west through Calabasas as the Ventura Freeway 101.
- In a part of the city near Calabasas High School and A.C. Stelle Middle School, all of the public streets are named patriotically. These include Declaration Ave., America Way, Liberty Bell Rd., Paul Revere Dr., Founder's Dr., Bon Homme Rd., and others.
- One of the oldest neighborhoods in Calabasas is Park Moderne or the Bird Streets. A former artists' colony, remnants remain of the clubhouse, pool, and cabins scattered across streets with bird names, such as Meadow Lark, Blackbird, Blue Bird, and Hummingbird.
- Calabasas funds its own public transportation in the form of a shuttle and trolley service. It augments the service provided by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funds its own municipal library (as opposed to participating in the Los Angeles County library system), runs the Calabasas Tennis and Swim Center, and has a protected and maintained historical district called "Old Town Calabasas".
- Calabasas has United States Postal Service post office locations in Suite 10 at 4774 Park Granada, and at the Malibu Shell Post Office at 4807 Las Virgenes Road.
- NThe Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department operates the Malibu/Lost Hills Station at 27050 Agoura Road in Calabasas.
- Hidden Hills West, Calabasas Hills, Calabasas Park Estates, The Oaks, Mulholland Heights Mulwood, Las Villas, Bellagio, The Ridge, Creekside, Clairidge, Calabasas Country Estates, Calabasas Highlands, Mountain Park, Abercrombie Ranch Estates, Cold Creek, and Park Moderne, Mountain View Estates, Monte Nido, Deer Springs, Stone Creek, El Encanto, Malibu Meadows, Mont Calabasas, Malibu Canyon Park, The Colony at Calabasas, Malibu Canyon, Mont Calabasas, Calabasas View, Saratoga Hills, Saratoga Ranch, Deer Springs, and Steeplechase.
Foreclosures / REO
Based on information from CRISNet MLS as of Sep 27, 2020 1:05:am. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.